What is Acne?
Acne is a skin condition that occurs when your hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin cells. It often causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples, and usually appears on the face, forehead, chest, upper back and shoulders. Acne is most common among teenagers, though it affects people of all ages.
Effective treatments are available, but acne can be persistent. The pimples and bumps heal slowly, and when one begins to go away, others seem to crop up.
Depending on its severity, acne can cause emotional distress and scar the skin. The earlier you start treatment, the lower your risk of such problems.
Acne appears on skin as:
- Whiteheads (closed plugged pores)
- Blackheads (open plugged pores)
- Small red, tender bumps (papules)
- Pimples (pustules), which are papules with pus at their tips
- Large solid, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin (nodules)
- Painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin (cystic lesions)
What are the acne treatments?
The severity of acne will determine the treatment to deliver effective results. At VIYA’S, we emphasize on early acne treatment to prevent acne scaring. Our treatment options are as follows.
Anti-Acne Facial is a treatment with focus on extractions of blocked pores. This treatment helps to:
- Reduce redness and inflammation
- Rebalance the skin
- Minimize acne breakouts
Acne Pro Therapy (ACP+)
ACP+ is a safe and painless therapy that treats and improve the appearance of various acne and scar conditions using VIYA’S medical solutions. This therapy is proven to:
- Calm inflammation and irritation
- Unclog pores and smoothen skin layers
- Diminish bacterial colonization
- Help regulate sebum production and reduce redness
- Restore skin balance